Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Unusual Things and a Quick Trip to Chicago Part 2

Treasure in the Garage

Complete set of long and short chains
 You have to look with the child's eyes to call these materials "Treasures."  Montessori materials help the child develop coordination, concentration, order and independence and above all they are the tools for transferring ideas from the teacher to the student while  assisting the development other higher faculties.

My eyes lit up when I saw a full set of long and short chains, Moveable Alphabets and Sensorial materials.  When I saw a clear plastic circle for tracing the hemispheres I exclaimed, "Found it!!!" Everyone else other than myself and Dr. Sarada were rolling their eyes. 

I have to say it was all meant to be.  I have such love for my motherland and at last I am able to give back some.  And so many people have become either a cause or the means for us to get there.  I am truly grateful.  There is still much to be done from finding an ideal building to making sure that there is a sandbox and some outdoor play equipment, a garden,  some furniture and more puzzles and more books.  
Stephen loading the truck


We have the certitude that everything will work out as we have a good cause to work towards.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment